As you read this I hope this encourages you to believe “Your Life” is a journey and it is what you make of your journey. Life is full of successes and failures, it is how you deal with them that will determine the real you.
My incredible journey started when I was born in a little town called Gweru in Zimbabwe, Africa….
At the age of 13 I tragically lost my mother to cancer. I bottled up my emotions and did not properly mourn her death.
On completion of my O’Levels, I started my first job working for an Accounting/Finance company. After leaving home at 18, I also had several other job opportunities. One of my positions was as a Receptionist and PA, which I loved and got to work alongside a fantastic bunch of people.
I will never forget the grounding this gave me.
In 2002, I made the big and exciting decision to start a new life in England, where I commenced my career in Recruitment. During this time, I met a wonderful and inspiring lady who left the company we were both working at to and had an opportunity to setup a new recruitment business in Bath – she offered me a fantastic opportunity to come and work for her.
Over the years, I had several other opportunities in Recruitment and things really started to click into place. In the end, I was top consultant both nationally and regionally for consecutive years and had some unforgettable memories and experiences.
However, earning lots of money, working long hours and putting too much pressure on myself eventually caught up with me. I lost a lot of weight and was constantly tired and depressed – this led to breakdown/depression/burnout.
For 6 months I did not leave the house and my confidence went out of the window. So many old emotions of my mother’s death emerged, which I realised I needed to work through, as I had put them off for some many years.
During this time I had friends all over the world praying which helped me to heal and support from friends. I then made the big decision to leave the recruitment industry that I had been a part of for 10 years. This decision meant I would be starting all over again in my career with nothing to go and had lost all hope. I felt excited starting again and with the belief and faith I had in myself, I began to feel more positive and decided to re-write my CV with help of a very good friend. After handing my notice in I felt I had so much freedom, I can never explain the feeling it was just incredible…
Since then I have worked in marketing for a wealth management company in the Cotswolds. This was an incredible opportunity, where I worked in Marketing, Internal Communications and HR & Recruitment.
During this time, I was also introduced to a wonderful company that gives people an opportunity to change/improve their outer selves. This was the vehicle that was used to open up so many doors. 7 months later, I was introduced to “Coaching” by an old candidate. Her words were you would be a great “Life Coach”. Thinking I knew what coaching I was I said “No this would not be for me”, something sparked within me after this conversation so I decided to look into it. I then attended a training day to find out more about what “Coaching” was all about. WOW, WOW, WOW this was what I was looking for. I was grateful for the patience until Coaching came along. Embarking on the journey, Kiki Kirby Coaching started while I undertook training and qualifications.
I am exited about the future and it feels great to be living my dreams and helping others to also live theirs. Dreams do come true… My vision now is to help people who have been through a similar experience to myself helping them to get help sooner.
Dream IT, Believe IT, Achieve IT…
Eleni Kirby, my Coaching Assistant joined the business in November 2016
Sophie Tune Marketing Intern joined the team in July 2018
- My thanks goes to The Lord for his vision, his love, strength, wisdom, healing and restoration.
And the rest;
- My incredible crazy family, dad and sis for keeping up with all the brain waves they will keep coming to continue to be patient, you will need it
- My niece Sophie who gives me the love, joy and fun I need at times
- My new life church family , thank you for your spiritual love and support you have also been part of this journey)
- My Arbonne team and family, thank you for the vehicle I love it…. I get to work with people the world, training and not managing anyone (just great)
- My SJP family and friends, I am so blessed and thankful for the fun, work, friendship you have helped in my healing and confidence
- My Reed friends, thanks for the laughs and happy memories, I will always treasure them
- My crazy Zimbabwe Greek family, I miss you a lot but will never forget my roots
- Old and new friends, thank you SO much for your friendship, I love you all and grateful for all the times
- Tersh & Tan, thank you for your support and help when I moved to the UK and for welcoming me
- My clients – thank you for trusting me to help you through your process of achieving what you want and for helping me identify my vision for coaching “Release the Inner You”
- Branding expert Chris and Athena girls, thank you for helping me pull together my vision and branding, colours it’s just perfect, thank you for your patience to help me design my business’s marketing
- My dear Best friend SE, goodness we have been on such a journey thank you for praying for me and you listening to me all these years……. “A ring is round it has not end that’s how long we will be friends”
- Lastly my special little dog Kissa Kirby, you bring my love, joy, happiness, cuddles, and just so much that helps me with my inner feelings…..
- My Coaching friends – you know you are ARE love being on this journey with you!
- Finally….My gorgeous husband and school friend from Zimbabwe RS, thank you for changing my 2016 adding some L O V E into my life
- Sophie Tune Marketing Intern joined the team in July 2018