Your MINDSET – fixed or growth?
What are your biggest aims in life? Do you believe they can be achieved?
Firstly, let’s address the characteristics of a FIXED mindset:
- You believe that intelligence is something that’s inherited
- You easily give up
- You don’t consider trying new things
- You believe your abilities cause failure
- It’s too big of a risk to fail
- The outcome is the most important part
Wow! It’s all very negative, right?
It seems as though a person with this mindset lives their life in a little bubble, terrified of judgement and failure. It feels easier for them to just stay away from what they’re not ‘naturally’ good at.
And it might be easier this way, but is easy more appealing than a life you want to live fully?
Regarding a GROWTH mindset:
- You can develop what you want to improve on
- Failure is just a small setback in order to make a comeback
- Challenges are taken up and feedback is welcomed
- The journey is to be appreciated and can be more significant than the actual outcome
Choosing this mindset is essential to meeting fulfilment in all aspects of your life.
With a GROWTH mindset, you have the power to do anything you want in this world!
Although, with your strong growth mindset, it’s very important to have other qualities such as accountability, fierce purpose and self-worth (believing that YOU CAN DO IT!).
These qualities with a growth mindset will get you far, so far that you’ll be living your dream and destined life to the max!
It won’t be an easy ride by any means but when your hard work is put wholeheartedly into your greatest passions, it’s a win win situation.
So, the next time you see someone do something that looks fun or inspirational, TRY IT!
That person once upon a time would have been new to it and it would have been scary, but you’ve got to go for it… life is short.
Failure is inevitable… what matters is how we pick ourselves up and go again with what we’ve learned.
It’s not about natural ability, it’s not about what other people think, it’s about you living your life in exactly the way you want.
What are you going to try this week with a growth mindset on board?
“Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.” – Neale Donald Walsch